6.16.2011

Graph Paper Notebooks.

Hi loyal readers, thank you for returning to my blog!
As a comeback post, I thought I'd write about something I've recently acquired-a nice new Rhodia reversebook from Blick. The paper's so smooth and perfect! Since it's a graph paper notebook, I figured that I might as well write a little about all my graph paper notebooks.

I saved the best for first.




RHODIA reversebook
What can I say that hasn't already been said? First off, this paper beats Moleskine up and shoves it into a trash can. Rhodia's 80g grid-lined paper is out of this world in smoothness and quality (and price, but that's beside the point, since this is the notebook equivalent of buying a blood red Ferrari 360 spider). The square design means that it can be used with the spiral at the top or on the side-whichever way you feel like at the moment. I've been waiting for a notebook worthy of my Staedtler Mars Lumograph pencils, and I think I found it!


Office Depot dual-sized graph notebook
I found this one laying around in my math classroom for about 5 months, and decided on the last day to take it...what a bizarre notebook! Firstly, it's a wireless notebook-(no internet though)-and it's got 2 different sized grids on each sheet-4 squares / inch on the front and 5 on the back! Interesting. You can see this in the pic.

Mead Quad/College Ruled Composition book
Got this one from school for use in engineering class, but I just saved it and used my old one, which I'll write about next. I thought this was an interesting idea-have a diagram or picture in the grid section and notes on said diagram on the lines below. Haven't found a practical use for it yet, so on my shelf it sits. Maybe I can use it for designing parts or stuff like that, or writing what's on the whiteboard on the top and lecture notes on the bottom. Opportunities abound.




Office Depot graph composition book
We received these notebooks on the first day of Intro to Engineering/Design, and it's got some of the designs I came up with then, for projects and the like. I've also written some notes about what we learned and included some programs we wrote in Computer Integrated Manufacturing, which I took last year. I've only used about 1/2 the pages, though...maybe I'll use it next year in Digital Electronics!



Moleskine cahiers and Piccadilly Small Notebook graph

I got both of these at different times from Border's, before the location near my house closed. They caught my eye not only because they have a yellow insert (**side note: that's my favorite color) but because they're so small and full of utility value. I can take them anywhere in my pocket, and write down notes and draw things.

(Duh, that's what notebooks are for, Vikram.) When I finish up the blank Piccadilly small notebook I'm currently using, one of these will see some action.



AWESOME CONCLUSION:
So, there's my superfab comeback post. Stay tuned, I've got a bunch of topics in mind for future posts!
(ideas for future posts:)

4 comments:

  1. Wow... Your descriptions of everything are so articulate and amazing! I never would have imagined someone could describe things like notebooks with so much detail! I couldn't follow every small detail, my 12-year old brain isn't capable yet ;)but I could tell you take your hobbies very seriously.

    *I see your favorite color is still yellow :) Is Vijay's still orange?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vijay has no current favorite color; he likes all the colors equally. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you haven't yet, check out straight8 if you are into Super-8.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very amazing. I think even the writings on your paper notebooks are amazing because you're doing great with it. More notes means more things you can study.

    ReplyDelete