3.10.2012

Some Random things I had laying around, part 1: Levenger and Goethe Institut backpack

Hi blogosphere, here's the first part of a two part post in which I cover some things I had sitting around my room  which I discovered recently.



LEVENGER CIRCA NOTEBOOK

First up we have ourselves a green Circa notebook that I got for free from the Chicago flagship Macy's Levenger section. On the back of every catalog they send us, there's a little code on the back that says, "Turn this in for a free Circa notebook from our State Street store!"

So I did, and this is what I got. Can't say I wasn't a little disappointed when I saw how small the pages were (about the size of a medium Moleskine, presumably the "medium" version) but I was pleasantly surprised to find some RHODIA paper inside, along with some standard Levenger Cornell-notetaking and graph paper.

The system actually does work; I tried taking out all the Rhodia pages and putting them back in (the guy at the store who assembled the notebook put in some of the Rhodia paper upside-down) and the pages do stay in securely even after the removal. No fraying along the connector edges at all.

If they were not so expensive, and if I wasn't on a student's budget, this would be on my to-buy list.





GOETHE INSTITUT BACKPACK

When I got the first-place trophy for the German Spelling Bee at the UIC German Day last month, they also gave me a small "token" prize; last year I got a "Creative Switzerland" shirt, and this year, I got this backpack. Of course, when I first saw it, I was happy it was yellow, (as that is my favorite color) but was not entirely sure what it was. 

When I got home, I unfolded it, and lo-and-behold, it was a backpack! Portable folding backpack. Pretty cool stuff. I've shown pictures of each stage in the unfolding process.







Nifty, huh?

That's all for today! Stay tuned for more, when I talk about two old-faithful pencils and an alternate use for Altoids tins!

--Vikram


2 comments:

  1. That looks like one handy backpack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ace post. Loooong ago, I had to do some expressive work for a printmaking project at college. I emptied my pockets and there was my artwork! You seem to have a similar connection with the close-at-hand.

    ReplyDelete