3.17.2013

I'm still here...and the Physics of Typewriters

Hi typosphere, I am not gone...just very busy with lots of exams coming at me left and right, with requisite studying and sleeping time.

I am on break right now, and in between study sessions am cleaning out files on my computer.
I came across this short paper on the "physics of typewriters" which I wrote for extra credit last year in AP Physics C. Here ya go!

(link to dropbox file) https://www.dropbox.com/s/efqhak0vr2l7x76/The%20Physics%20of%20Typewriters.pdf

5 comments:

  1. That's a nice paper. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vikram!

    I downloaded your paper and look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, and nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey that's great. A good way of explaining the stored energy in the fully returned carriage is as a clockwork motor but, in the absence of a pendulum, the keystroke escapement allows the energy to be released in measured increments.

    ReplyDelete