Great work. What is more difficult: making them or filling them? I know it takes longer to fill them.
For a different approach and for smaller notebooks see the very clever ideas at (Sorry; on Preview it seems that I cannot add a URL. Try "pocketmod [dot] com".)
Great notebooks, and great topic. I ended up investing in one of those long-reach staplers. You take a standard 8-1/2x11 inch or European equivalent sheet of card stock, pile on a stack of plain paper, then long-reach staple the middle of the pack, crease and fold it along the staple line and viola - instant pamphlet sized writing books. Also is a good way for binding your own zine/rant screed prior to publishing at your favorite Marxist coffee shop.
The binder post method is great, I've done a booklet of silver gelatin photographs this way, dry mounted to thick black paper sheets.
Great work. What is more difficult: making them or filling them? I know it takes longer to fill them.
ReplyDeleteFor a different approach and for smaller notebooks see the very clever ideas at (Sorry; on Preview it seems that I cannot add a URL. Try "pocketmod [dot] com".)
Have Fun!
== Michael Höhne
Very neat. I love stationary of any sort, and something homemade is real special.
ReplyDeleteI make my own note pads in my office monthy. Consistently there will be at least someone who screws up a large batch of photo-copying, or printing.
ReplyDeleteWaste not, want not! I'm yet to investigate different ways of binding them though, but I think you have just inpsired me to be more creative!
Craft-y!
ReplyDeleteGreat notebooks, and great topic. I ended up investing in one of those long-reach staplers. You take a standard 8-1/2x11 inch or European equivalent sheet of card stock, pile on a stack of plain paper, then long-reach staple the middle of the pack, crease and fold it along the staple line and viola - instant pamphlet sized writing books. Also is a good way for binding your own zine/rant screed prior to publishing at your favorite Marxist coffee shop.
ReplyDeleteThe binder post method is great, I've done a booklet of silver gelatin photographs this way, dry mounted to thick black paper sheets.
Remarkable, loyal, engaged, genuine followers Vikram. Wow! Keep it up!
ReplyDelete